Home »Services »Laboratory Services
We have a well-equipped laboratory with sophisticated instruments for carrying out analysis of parameters covering all fields of environment i.e. Air analysis, water and waste water analysis, soil analysis, biological studies at various stages of existing effluent, water treatment (including reverse osmosis) plants.
It has well qualified and experienced personnel. It has also separate R & D section to absorb new techniques and development in the environment field.
Our capabilities and expertise can be judged from the following list of instruments and number of tests carried out at our laboratory.
The services provided are:
- KEC is equipped to carry out analysis of waste water/air/ solid wastes by up-to-date equipment and qualified and experienced scientists in the field of Environmental Sciences.
- Analysis of Industrial Bulk Chemicals-Organic/Inorganic.
- Pilot studies/ Bio assay / Laboratory scale treatability studies are our specialties.
- The analysis and treatability studies to design the Effluent Treatments Plants scientifically.
- Treatability Studies and Feasibility Reports for Environmental Treatment and Management, such as Effluents, Solid waste/ Hazardous Waste.
- Senior scientific personnel to carry out the basic engineering Works including R & D, and flow diagrams for treatment Scheme.
- Setting up of monitoring infrastructure and laboratories for Clients; Testing, Commissioning and Trouble Shooting of Existing Treatment units.
Water Bath, Turbidity meter, Desiccators, Thermometer, Centrifuge, pH Meter, Oil and Grease Detection Set, Analytical Electronic Balance 0.1 mg (Shimadzu) (Cap.200g) Shimadzu 0.01g (300g), Chemical Balance 2.0g (Cap. 500 g), Gooch Crucible & vacuum pump assembly for suspended solids, 0.01 mg balance required for 2.5 µ particulate matter
Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer (AAS), Spectrophotometer, Gas-Liquid Chromatograph (GC), Hot Air Oven, Distillation Unit, Heating Mantles, Magnetic stirrers, COD Digestion Apparatus (Air Reflux-15 nos. units), Bomb Calorimeter, Dissolved Oxygen (DO) Meter, Flame Photometer, Conductivity Meter, Muffle Furnace, Filtration Assembly, Fluoride Distillation Assembly, Cyanide Distillation Assembly, Ammonia Distillation Assembly, Kjeldahl Nitrogen Assembly, Distilled Water Unit, Arsenic Estimation Assembly (Gutzeit Generator), Semi-micro Nitrogen Estimation Assembly, Vacuum Filtration Pump, Phenol Distillation Assembly, Hot Plate.
Fish Pond aerator, BOD Incubator, Plankton Net, Niskin type Depth Water Sampler, Peterson Grab mud sampler.
Auto Clave, Laminar Air Flow, Dissection Microscope, Bacteriological Incubator.
Ambient Air Monitoring:
High Volume Sampler (HVS), Respiratory Particulate Matter Sampler (PM10, PM2.5 Sampler), Orifice Kit For calibration for High Volume sampler (HVS), Handy Sampler.
Land Use Mapping:
Global Positioning System GPS (Garmin Make, Model – e Trex).
Stack Monitoring Kits, ORSAT for Gas Analysis, Spectrophotometer, VOC meter, flue gas analyser for CO2, O2 etc.
Continuous online Weather Logger with graphic capability, SODAR for Inversion monitoring, Wind Anemometer, Maximum and Minimum Thermometers, Dry and Wet Thermometers, Hygrometer, Aneroid Barometer, Wind vanes, Svenson’s screen, Automatic Rain Gauge Weather Logger, Noise Level Meter.
Sieve Analysis Test, Permeability, Porosity, Water Holding Capacity, Instruments for various chemical/physical analysis, cation exchange capacity
Vacuum pump, Vacuum pump (flame proof), Hearing mantles, Glass ware for detection of hazardous chemicals like Cyanide, Nickel and Chromium.
Keen Apparatus, Permeability Apparatus, Core Cutters.
Ambient Air/ Fugitive Emission:
Oxides of Nitrogen(NOX), Particulate Matter (PM10, PM2.5), Sulphur Dioxide (SO2),Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S), Ammonia(NH3), Total Hydrocarbon, Acid Mist, HF, Fluoride, Chlorine, Respirable Particulate Matter, VOC, PM2.5, Lead, Arsenic, Nickel, Benzene, Ozone etc.
Stack Gases/ Source Emission:
Particulate Matter (PM), Sulphur Dioxide (SO2), Oxides of Nitrogen (NOX), Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S), Ammonia (NH3),Velocity, Acid Mist, Fluoride, HF, Chlorine, Carbon Monoxide etc.
Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Temperature, Humidity, Rainfall, and Inversion Height.
Colour, Conductivity, pH value, Suspended Solids, Settleable Solids Sludge Volume Index, Salinity, Total Solids, Temperature, Turbidity, Total Dissolved Solids at 180°C, Mixed Liquor Suspended Solids (MLSS), Mixed Liquor Volatile Suspended Solids (MLVSS)
Chemical Tests General:
Acidity, Alkalinity, Ammonia, Nitrogen, Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD), Bromide, Chloride, Chlorine Demand, Chlorine Residual, Cyanide, Chemical Oxygen Demand, Dissolved Oxygen, Fluoride, Hardness (Total and Calcium), Iodide (Traces), Nitrogen, (Organic), Nitrogen Nitrite, Nitrogen Nitrate, Oil and Grease, Phosphate, Sulphate, Sulphide, Sulphite, Silica.
Chemical Tests- Metals:
Arsenic, Aluminium, Boron, Cadmium, Calcium, Chromium – Total & Chromium (Hexavalent), Copper, Iron, Lead, Magnesium, Manganese, Mercury, Nickel, Potassium, Sodium, Zinc, Vanadium etc.
Total Coliforms, Total Plate Count, Faecal Coliform Organisms (MPN), E-coli, Faecal streptococci, Pseudomonas salmonella, Sulphate reducing bacteria.
- Determination of presence/absence of Coliforms in a given sample (Water, Soil, Sewage, etc.)
- MPN Test (Most Probable Number): An Indication of sewage contamination in a given sample to determine the potability of the water sample.
- Determination of presence/absence of pathogenic microorganisms in a sample of water etc.
Benthic Organisms Count, Chlorophyll Estimation, Estimation of various Diversity Indices, Microphytic Identification, Planktonic Count, Primary Productivity, Macrophytic Identification.
Bioassay of Toxic Pollutants:
Toxicity of Industrial effluent on fish.
- Microbiological treatability of effluent samples
- Determination of total microbial count and the correlation between MLSS and the total microbial count in a sample drawn from the effluent treatment plant.
- Efficacy of the existing biomass in an ETP and scope for improvement.
- Biomass Culture Development: Individual assignments biological removal of colour from the effluent.
Process Re-engineering and Waste Minimization:
- Analysis of processes in industries using organic raw material with special emphasis on recycling of wastes.
- Study of alternative raw material/processes for industries with high organic effluents and its relation to bio-degradability
- Determination of possible microbial contamination in term total microbial counts.
- Testing of raw materials, finished products for the presence of microorganisms.
Solid and Hazardous Waste Management:
Biodegradability of solid wastes and effects of leachates on plants, microorganisms and ground water.
Water holding capacity, Permeability, Cation Exchange Capacity, Porosity, Conductivity, pH, Moisture, NPK ratio.
(Note: Please contact email@example.com for service-specific list of clients)